Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fair and Balanced

Most people don't remember this, but for a time in 2003 I was an avid blogger. I'd taken some menial job as a contributor to an e-fedding blog; I had nothing better to do at the time, as GCW was gone and I could never muster the energy for a real solid run in someone else's fed.

I made a few posts that were promptly forgotten and I retired from blogging for quite some time.

For a while now I've been meaning to craft a website for Caldera Enterprises, Incorporated. But it was Tom Holzerman whose blog inspired me to simply bring CEi here and provide myself an outlet for my many rantings and ravings. Anyone who tuned in to PTC Radio last week was treated to an hour-long GCW history lesson courtesy of yours truly, and those lucky few are now aware of just how much I have to say.

That said, I promise never to be so long-winded again.

One might ask why the world needs another e-fed blog, and in truth it doesn't. Holzerman does an excellent job with his blog and, even more impressively, spans the gap between communities in an act of open mindedness that I'm not currently capable of. One could argue that PTC could use some more coverage, but frankly I think Holzerman does just fine in giving it its due.

Caldera Enterprises, therefore, stands to be far more self-serving. Obviously my loyalties, first and foremost and before all others, lie with Global Championship Wrestling. CEi, in truth, started as a way to merely boost the status of the Steven Caldera character. But CEi stands to expand a bit (Outlaw Pro is opening soon under the CEi banner), and as my little empire grows, so then should my voice.

I cannot say with any certainty how much interest there will be in my little soapbox. I will say that, with the GCW vs. PRIME event now fast rising on the horizon, one of my personal goals is to help bring the PTC feds closer together and get to know one another a bit better. So this won't just be a GCW blog (though you won't be able to visit here without getting a faceful of GCW news). I hope this will cover all of PTC.

I'll readily admit that I'll be just as fair and balanced as Fox News-- that is to say, not at all. Obviously I think GCW is the end-all-be-all of e-wrestling. This site will not necessarily adhere to our world's kayfabe, but there is going to be a bit of the Steven Caldera character in these posts. If you need an easier way of understanding, just consider this to be Steven Caldera, out of character.

However, I don't feel that this makes my points any less valid. Once you cut through the waves of GCW propaganda, I think you'll find that I know what I'm talking about. I've been in this game for seven years and have served every role imaginable. I have been a handler, a fedhead, a staff member, a contributing editor, and even the head of Primetime Central (for about two weeks).

I hope this site will help to serve as a place where I can help garner interest in our rising interfed activities and create a new world for this game. I feel that e-wrestling as a whole has grown too small for the feds to remain fractured and separate. In order to maximize our potential during wrestling's lean years it becomes important for us to do our best to interact like never before. By allowing the remaining feds to compete directly with one another we open up new interactions that would not otherwise have been possible, and we extend the shelf-life of this game even in its latter years.

There's much more to come from Caldera Enterprises, Incorporated. I hope you'll all stick around to watch.

No comments: