Monday, November 19, 2007

Fear Me

Cower down, e-fedders. Steven Caldera's coming to get you:

(The camera zooms in on a solitary Steven Caldera. He sits in his dimly lit dressing room, sweat dripping froom his face. He is obviously pumped about tonight.)

Caldera- Tonight is the first ever ACWF event. I'd say that makes tonight rather historical. That means that nobody will be holding anything back tonight. Every ounce of energy from every last superstar on the roster will be expended tonight in an effort to leave their mark forever. The talent and the performances that will be displayed here tonight will be unforgettable. But while everyone else has been trash talking, trying to make themselves look like big men, I've been here, alone, getting ready for war. You have overlooked this unstopable machine, and tonight you will pay. Whatever I end up having to do tonight it will be done to absolute PERFECTION. Because that is what I'm about. Second just isn't good enough. So tonight I begin my path to become the first ACWF Heavyweight Champion. Anyone who thinks they can stop me is welcome to try. But when it's all said and done, and you're looking at the lights listening to my music, you'll have learned what it is like. . . to be beaten by the best.

That was the first roleplay I ever wrote. It was for an e-mail fed called the American Championship Wrestling Federation. The infamous ACWF Match in GCW is a tribute to my roots and the roots of fellow GCW legends Khan, The Jhub, Octavian, Mike Hardy and Khan.

I stumbled upon that thanks to the Wayback Machine today and thought I'd post it for everyone to point and laugh.

If anyone else has their first roleplays still (and I sure hope you do), I'd love to see them. It's funny just how far we've come.

I guess it just goes to show you how valuable this game can be. I went from that to being able to construct intricate storylines and characters and put them together in a compelling narrative. When my novel comes out next year and is flying off the charts, I figure I'll have come full circle. :)

I sure did suck. But in my defense, I did go on to win the World Title at our first PPV, and I've seen first-timers suck worse than that. I was the king of the crappy fedders. :)

No comments: